Introducing the Imagine Boston 2030 Fall Engagement Team!
Over the past year, we’ve engaged more than 12,000 Bostonians, learning about the issues that matter most to them as they envision their city in 2030. Now, we’re proud and excited to introduce the Fall 2016 Imagine Boston 2030 Engagement Team! We sent a call to action asking community organizations throughout Boston to invite us to their events, and we received an overwhelming number of responses. We’ve created a fun, all-ages Lego activity that will give residents an opportunity to learn about the issues that Imagine Boston is addressing and add their own input to guide the plan moving forward. Participants can offer input on how new housing and commercial uses can be distributed in different areas of the city to improve quality of life and learn about proposed initiatives for making our city more affordable and preparing for climate change as we grow.
We are eager to hear from you! Here’s the schedule of events planned for the coming weeks, and we have even more in the works, so stay tuned. Everyone is welcome, and we hope to see you there!
The Fall Engagement Team will be traveling around Boston from September 26 to October 30 2016.
Calendar of Events by Neighborhood
Some events are not yet confirmed. Please visit our website for a full and updated calendar!
- September 28, 5:00pm to 8:00pm: Aeronaut Beer Garden
- October 28, 3:00pm to 7:00pm: Harvard Allston Farmers’ Market
- October 18, 3:15pm to 5:15pm: Girls Scouts Troop Meeting
- October 28, 3:00pm to 7:00pm: October 11, 3:00pm to 6:00pm: Copley Square Farmers’ Market
- October 16, 12:00pm to 3:00pm: OAKtoberFest
- October 5, 2:00pm to 4:00pm: Charlestown Farmers’ Market
- October 5, 6:30pm to 8:00pm: Chinese Residents Association Monthly Meeting
- September 30, 2:30pm to 6:00pm: Ashmont Peabody Farmers’ Market
- October 9, 11:00am to 1:00pm: Dorchester Irish Festival
- October 14, 11:00am to 3:00pm: Boston Job Fair at Grove Hall
- September 27, 6:00pm to 7:00pm: Mayor’s Youth Council Meeting
- September 28, 11:00am to 2:00pm: HUBweek’s “Housing The Hub”
- September 29, 6:00pm to 8:00pm: pARTy on the Greenway (HUBweek)
- October 3, 6:00pm to 8:00pm: SPARK Boston Monthly Meeting
- October 17, 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Meeting of Downtown Residents
- October 1, 10:00am to 2:00pm: East Boston Social Center Wellness Fair
- October 12, 3:00pm to 6:30pm: East Boston Farmers’ Market
- Coming soon!
- October 24, 6:30pm to 8:00pm: Wakefield Washington Citizens Group Meeting
- Coming soon!
- October 1, 10:00am to 1:00pm: Mattapan Square Farmer’s Market
- October 7, 3:00pm to 7:00pm: ReVision Urban Farm stand
- October 15, 1:00pm to 3:30pm: Love Your Block
- October 19, 7:00pm to 8:00pm: Mattapan/Dorchester Neighborhood Meeting
- October 25, 4:00pm to 7:00pm: Mission Hill Farmers Market
North End/ West End
- October 10, 12:00pm to 4:00pm: Columbus Park Fall Festival
- October 2, 2:30pm to 4:30pm: Roslindale Parade
- October 8, 9:00am to 1:30pm: Roslindale Farmers’ Market
- September 26, 6:00pm to 8:00pm: Roxbury Showcase (HUBWeek)
- October 4, 11:00am to 2:00pm: Hispanic Heritage Luncheon (Reggie Lewis Center)
- October 6, 2:00pm to 4:00pm: Gateway Outdoor Summer Series (Ruggles/NEU)
- October 6, 5:30pm to 7:30pm: Nuestra Comunidad Festival
- October 26, 11:00am to 3:00pm: Boston Job Fair (Shelburne Community Center)
- October 29 and 30, 11:00am to 8:00pm: Build BPS Open House
- October 3, 12:00am to 3:00pm: South Boston Farmers’ Market
- October 5, 5:30pm to 8:00pm: District Hall – October Cafe Night
- October 6, 10:00am to 1:00pm: Mayor’s Walk with the Elderly Commission
- October 8, 6:00pm to 9:00pm: Future Arts Fest
- September 29, 7:30pm to 9:00pm: Imagine West Roxbury (Eat With Jack O’Neill)
As always, we want to hear from you any way we can! Share your ideas and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using #ImagineBoston. And don’t forget to sign up for Imagine Boston updates!